Affiliate Marketing - Why Building Back-Links Is So Important - Some Useful Tips

By -If you are an affiliate marketer, you have to become a master in lots of different areas of the marketing process. One of these areas is driving traffic to your site. OK, so you have built a really great site which will give you a high conversion percentage, and you have a great product; but both of these mean absolutely nothing if you are not getting visitors. Building back-links is one of the ways you can bring visitors into you "selling kill zone." Here are some useful tips on how to build up back-links.
I drive a car but I don't know the first thing about the engine, and likewise I use the internet but haven't got a clue how Google goes about indexing sites. One thing that I do know however, and I have learnt this from experience, and that is using a Google site submitter to get your site noticed is not a particularly great way, and takes a long time to work. I suggest that you don't waste your time.
Building reciprocal links with other sites is a far better and much more solid method of slowly increasing your site's page ranking on Google and Yahoo, but I would strongly recommend that you don't go crazy and link with just anybody. You should find sites in a similar market to your own, preferable with at least a 2 Google Page-rank. It's my opinion that Google works much better for you if you use this method, as they follow the link back from the reciprocal site to your own, and if you have enough of them, the search engine will assume that you are important and rank you accordingly.
By far the best way of building up non reciprocal back-links to your site is by writing an article and submitting it to an article site with a good page rank. There are several of these, but the best is EzineArticles which has a 6 page-rank. By writing a simple four hundred word article on one of these sites, Google will follow the link from the Author's resource box back to your Web-page and will then include your site in the index.
As a method of driving free links to your site, reciprocal and non reciprocal linking in my opinion, is still the best way, and will ensure a steady growth of visibility and bring the customers rolling in.
If you are seriously thinking about Affiliate Marketing,a good place to start is here